Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Making the Grade

One of the irritating things about being a college professor is the endless whining by colleagues about the quality of student work. In the spirit of protest, I thought I'd mention that the first two take-home essay exams I graded tonight were just terrific.

I almost always feel like I'm getting good work from Morehead State University students and I often feel that I'm getting excellent work. But these essays were especially well done.

Back to grading. I'm trying to get ten papers read tonight so I don't have so much to do over the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope one of those are mine.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!
Go MSU students.
It's nice to know that not all profs think of our school as a haven for uneducated, unreachable hillfolk. I've heard that all too often from faculty.