Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh No! That Makes Me A Moderate!

Several house liberals are planning to vote against the Pelosi/Murtha leadership on the bill mandating deadline for withdrawing from Iraq.

According to one of TPM's sources:

"None of them wants to be the one making a deal with `the man" . . . None of them wants to be outflanked on the left. None of them wants to be `outprincipled' -- being seen as the one who is willing to compromise."

I'm with the House leadership on this one. My main principle is to move forward on forcing a troop withdrawal and the deadline bill definitely is a step forward from the non-binding resolutions. So I support it.

I guess that makes me a moderate . . . and a mainstream moderate given that almost 60% of the public supports a deadline. Oh No!

No comments: