Saturday, October 25, 2008

Praying for Palin in 2012

I'm thinking of converting to a religion because I want to pray to some divinity for the Republicans to nominate Sarah Palin for the presidency in 2012.

But it's hard.

Do I convert to a religion like Christianity, Islam, or Judaism and pray to one all-powerful divinity?

That seems sort of dicey. What if there are lots of gods and praying to one offends all the others? What if none of these accounts of the one god are the one true account? How do you tell which account of the one god is true and which account is false?

Sheesh, investing in monotheism seems even more tricky than investing in the stock market.

In some ways, praying to lots of Gods seems to be the safest bet but polytheism is generally associated with animal sacrifice. But my dog is barking in protest even as I write. Good dog! Good dog!

Hey! I know how I'll solve the problem. I'll follow the example of the McCain campaign and just make up a lot of stuff about the God I want to pray to.

Anyway, I'm praying for Palin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for -- you just might get it! Palin for President? You must be turning Christian since you are declaring a belief in Armageddon!