Monday, February 04, 2008

Bob Knight: The Dick Cheney of Sports

Today Bob Knight resigned as head basketball coach at Texas Tech. Knight is the relentlessly bullying, supremely self-centered basketball coach who made his national reputation for abusing players and winning championships at Indiana University.

I was actually a camper at a Bobby Knight camp at West Point when he was the Army coach in 1970. Even though I was a callow high school sophomore, I could still tell what a jerk he was!

The sports world will miss Bob Knight about as much as the world of politics is going to miss Dick Cheney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww!! Did you get shoved into your locker by the basketball players at your high school, Caric?
LOL!!

Ric Caric said...

Not quite right there. I played basketball, was a cheap-shotting linebacker in football, and a shotputter in track. There wasn't any jock-bullying that I knew of when I was in high school. If there had, it's sad to say that I probably would have been on the bullying side.