Saturday, July 07, 2007

RSI's Big First Anniversary Festival

A year of daily blogging is now done. I put up my first post to Red State Impressions on July 8, 2006. Over that year. I put up 612 posts with two different formats and multiple color schemes until I got it right. I only took off one day due to the fact that I didn't have a hook up in a hotel. In fact, I've been averaging 2-3 posts per day since January, posting through rain, snow, and sickness, and averaging something like 1000 words a day. Readership has ranged from 14 per day at the end of 2006 to 25,000 in a week this April. Other highlights have been the on-line discussion with Dan Gerstein and the invasion by the gang at protein wisdom.

But that's just numbers. This is a left-wing blog with a focus on criticizing the right-wing. I post a lot on the war in Iraq, give horse-race commentary on the 2008 elections, and offer up satirical, sometimes fanciful commentary, on the major figures of the American right. The strength of this blog is the steady stream of original ideas. The major weakness is the lack of policy wonking on anything but the war. I really wish I could find a good blogging partner to cover policy issues better.

Many thanks to everybody who's read the blog over this last year. Tomorrow, I'll be reposting some of my favorites. I know my daughter Katy will want to see "Kumbaya Dick Cheney."

And who can blame her?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done and congratulations on a very sucessful first year.

retro_liberal said...

To echo Todd's sentiment, congratulations on a great first year. I've enjoyed your blog for the entire year and look forward to the 2nd anniversary. Keep up the fantastic job!

Ric Caric said...

Thanks guys. Of course, I'm waiting to hear from the right-wing invasion force.

Anonymous said...

They're sycophants. They're irrelevent.