Monday, July 09, 2007

Gotta Love Mother Love

It was definitely hot in Philadelphia today, so hot my mother called me from upstate New York to see if I was okay. She'd heard reports about there being heat alerts here.

Actually, it wasn't quite as hot as I thought it would be. I even cooked in at my B & B although that looks like a mistake.

So, after telling my mom I was fine, we talked a little about the upcoming family reunion where my brothers, sisters, and I (at least the ones talking to each other) get together with our kids.

Then I thanked her for being concerned about whether her 53 year-old son could handle the heat.

Gotta love mother love.

3 comments:

Vigilante said...

Yes, there are quite a few tumors attached to our body politic by these Weimar Republicans.

Do you recommend that I include proteinwisdom as part of my 'out reach' program?

Ric Caric said...

Aargh. I'm frustrated with the cancer post. I've goofed the links twice and lost half the text.

But I like visiting proteinwisdom because crossing swords with the right does help keep me sharp.

Not that they're so great at answering back. Most of what they do is make cutesy little personal comments about me.

But "reaching out" works for me. Maybe it would work for you too.

United We Lay said...

Hey. we're in Philly too, and today is supposed to be even hotter. Good luck!