Saturday, February 02, 2008

Approaching the Half-Way Mark

At my Friday weigh-in, I was 216 pounds. That's about the same as Muhammed Ali and Mike Tyson in their primes. So, I'm not in bad company even if I still have 36 pounds to go before reaching my target of 180.

Here's the run-down of where I am. Weighing 216 means that I lost about 4 3/4 pounds last week and that I've lost 27 pounds altogether since I started the diet 28 days ago.

I'd say that's a decent bit of dieting and I'm still pretty surprised that I'm progressing so fast. My initial goal was to about half a pound a day, but I'm losing about 3/4 pound/day. That's mostly a reflection of how fat I was at 243 and I know all the biblical invocations about pride.

But what the hell, I'm not a Christian anyway.

My big thing this week is brussel sprouts. I'm almost as obsessed with the brussel sprouts I'm now eating as I am with the sweets and pizza I'm not eating.

Maybe my next obsession will be water.

Anyway, ultimate goal was to lose 63 pounds. So I'm only 4 1/2 pounds from being half-way there at 211 1/2. That's my goal for next week, to get myself half-way home to the end of this diet.

If only I could develop any enthusiasm for a healthy lifestyle.

No comments: