Friday, July 27, 2007

Life is Sweet When the Goodness Can't Be Beat

"It's the best of both worlds . . . " Dads of pre-teen girls everywhere will recognize that as the theme song from Hannah Montana. Having taken care of my ear-infected daughter this week, I got to know Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus***, and the rest of the Hannah gang better than I'd ever dreamed possible.

Given my noble week of self-sacrifice, I was planning on some serious blogging tonight. But when Mrs. RSI and I got together to go over plans, it turned out that she had committed to spend time with a friend of ours who we might say is "troubled" in her life right now. Years ago, I might have protested, but Mrs. RSI's goodness makes life so sweet I didn't mind.

In fact, if I didn't know better, I would think that some of her goodness had rubbed off on me.





***Eastern Kentucky alert: Billy Ray Cyrus is originally from Ashland. His dad is a former head of the Kentucky AFL-CIO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ric. It is really refreshing to see something non-acrymonyous after all the bickering here this week. Kudos to you and Mrs. RSI. Hope your daughter is well.

Anonymous said...

Acrimonious, butt I gues it is harder to kopy and paste when ewe do knot no how two spelll it.