Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hillary Wins By Not Losing

I caught about half an hour of the Democratic debate on CNN. Bill Richardson looked like a deer in the headlights and sounded terrible. Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich got in some good points and John Edwards and Barack Obama had some informative exchanges.

But the clear winner was Hillary. She just didn't do anything that made her look bad or made her look like a questionable front-runner. Hillary is advancing a little bit in the polls while a little bit of the shine has come off Obama and Edwards. It looks like the Democratic nomination is hers to lose and she's so far refusing to lose it.

I have to admit that I like Edwards a little bit better after this debate than previously. He seems more like a real human being and less like a collection of up-by-the-bootstraps Southernisms.

2 comments:

Republican@Work said...

Ric,

I must say that you have a very intriguing blog. While I do not agree with your politics, I find your site interesting. I'm a conservative because I grew up in liberal social programs like welfare and the foster care system which are exceedingly corrupt and destroy lives, like those of my sisters.

God Bless you,

Curtis

Ric Caric said...

Thanks for saying that. I know my blog is pretty tough on the right, but I get along with and like a lot of conservatives.