Saturday, April 07, 2007

RSI Hits Nine Months

Today is the nine month anniversary of Red State Impressions. I'm the only person blogging at RSI and I'm posting about twice a day. Currently, Red State Impressions is eclectic. What characterizes this blog is original political analysis, some discourse on love and moral themes, an occasional whimsical post, and material on race and gender. I'd like to recruit another blogger or two (you know who you are) for straight political posting so that the blog has a stronger mix of politics in relation to my other themes.

Interest in Red State Impressions has grown from about 14 hits a day in December to about 50 hits a day this week. Obvious that's still extremely modest, but interest has begun to expand outside my circle of Morehead State students, friends, and colleagues. A post on the white racism underlying Rudy Giuliani's appeal was listed in the Racialicious carnival of posts on race and attracted some links and the blog is attracting some attention as a result of cross posting on MyDD and Slate's fray.

In other words, things are good at RSI even though I would like to see the readership grow. When the number of hits climbed to 40 per day, my daughter asked me how many I wanted and I said something more like 40,000.

Well, I might as well think big.

No comments: