Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Limbaugh More Complex Than I Thought

I used to think that Rush Limbaugh was just a racist toward African-Americans. But it turns out that I under-estimated the flexibility of Limbaugh's bigotry.

HuffPost has audio of Limbaugh taking an opportunity to speak mock Chinese with the visit of Hu Jintao to the United States.

Rush Limbaugh marked the occasion of Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit to America by mocking Hu in nonsense, ersatz Chinese on his Wednesday show. Limbaugh said he was watching Hu speak on Fox News, and that the feed was unaccompanied by any subtitles or translation.

"Hu Jintao was just going--" he began, before speaking in mock Chinese. "That's the closest I can get," he finished.

I'm waiting to see one of the conservative commentators say something like "he was only joking." That's always the bigots first line of defense.

No comments: