Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Guilt Free Life of a Blogger

The thing I like best about being a political blogger is that politics and the media are full of people who are worse than me. I always feel a lot better about myself after going through the political blogs and web sites for a few minutes.

Today's a good example. I couldn't watch Barack Obama's press conference last night because I was in the Morehead State University library. Missing Obama's press conference means that I've failed again as a blogger. How am I going to build my reader base if I keep abstaining from all the events political bloggers need to write about. What a loser I am.

But then I read in HuffPo that House Republican Whip Eric Cantor--the GOP's new conservative genius--skipped out on the press conference to take in a Britney Spears show. Britney Spears??? There's a triple threat if there ever was one. She can't sing, can't dance, and can't act either.

As my daughter would say, "ew, that's gross."

But I feel better about myself.

Yes, the guilt free life of a blogger.

No comments: