Thursday, September 04, 2008

Palin Losing Her Religion

One of the interesting features of Sarah Palin's speech was that she didn't offer any testimonials to the social conservatism that the right's so enthusiastic about. There was nothing on abortion, nothing on gay marriage, nothing on Jesus, and nothing on the need to teach intelligent design in biology classes.

Maybe the McCain people who wrote Palin's speech (and wrote it well) don't believe they need to kowtow to the religious right now that they've chosen Palin as VP. Maybe McCain wants to focus entirely on "shaking up Washington."

Or maybe Palin's going to lose her religion now that she's in the spotlight.

According to REM, that's a possibility.

"Losing My Religion"
That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight, I'm
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you (REM)

No comments: