Friday, August 22, 2008

Is It Biden? Where Can I Go to Slit My Wrists?

There's an ABC News report that Secret Service personnel are on their way to start giving protection to Joe Biden as Obama's VP nominee.

I hope it's not true.

Talk about "Old School." Joe Biden's politics is pre-Belushi let alone Will Farrell. Biden's also a free-wheeling bloviator. Actually I think the word was invented with Biden in mind. Anyway, Biden seems to have taken lessons from Bill Clinton on how to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

As African-American Political Pundit points out, Biden is especially bad on race.

Biden's also one of the super-insecure guys who can't get over the fact that he doesn't have an Ivy League degree even though the University of Delaware is an excellent college.

That got him in trouble back in 1988 when he bragged about being as smart as anyone right before he got caught cribbing from a Neil Kinnock speech.

In other words, Biden wasn't even smart enough to steal from a really good speaker.

Well, tonight I'll do the equivalent of slitting my wrists.

But tomorrow, I'll reboard the Obama bus and start talking about what a statesman Biden has become over the last ten years.

I still hope it's Hillary though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biden — the perfect foil for Palin!

Ric Caric said...

I don't think McCain's going to choose Palin. But I can barely believe Obama's choosing Biden.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of Hillary being Vice President. I would have preferred her at the top of the ticket. Do you believe an African-American and a woman can win?

Ric Caric said...

I think Hillary would have done better than Biden, but it's Biden.