Thursday, July 03, 2008

Flowers Great/Beatles Annoying?

THE TIME OF THE SEASON. A couple of days ago, I drove to Lexington on Route 64 and was glad to see the periwinkle colors of corn flowers in bloom. The delicate-looking blue of the corn flowers contrasted sharply with the bright yellows of the black-eyed susans that were also plentiful in spots. Corn flowers not only have a fragile beauty, they're hardy little things as well. Roadsides look like tough environments, but corn flowers pop up all over the place.

I also saw a lot of rust-colored grasses. I don't know enough about plants to distinguish grass from wheat, but I swear that I saw some corn growing on the highway median as well.

CONFESSION TIME. I'm completing my third year of piano lessons and I have to confess that I find Beatles music to be pretty annoying to play on the piano. I didn't like "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" at all and I'm not having a fun time with "From Me to You" either. It's like their early music had a tinny, rigid kind of sound that's sort of grating. I actually like playing "doo-wop" songs like "All You Have to Do is Dream" much better.

I know I'm a bad person.

No comments: