Thursday, August 02, 2007

Very Bad News

I just learned that one of my friends has stomach cancer. From what I've heard, it doesn't look good for him either but I'm going to visit him at the hospital in Lexington and see his family. So I'll probably get a little more information then.

Given my friends illness and my upcoming trip to Asheville, NC for my family reunion, I might now be doing much blogging over the next 72 hours and probably won't be able to renew my wonderful exchange with the PWC (Protein Wisdom Collective) until then.

We'll see.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

they're a little busy at present anyway....being wrong doesn't bother them, but there's an American soldier to malign.

Enjoy your time with your friend and accept my coldolences

Anonymous said...

there's an American military maligning, lying, oppurtunistic, American that joined the military to advance his writing carrer to malign.

Fixed it for you.

And prayers for your friend.

Anonymous said...

Ric,

Best wishes to your friend and his family. All my best for his speedy recovery.

JD

Ric Caric said...

This is mostly for my Morehead readers. The field with the stomach cancer is Greg Goldey and the cancer is advanced enough that the doctors are wondering if they'll be able to treat it. More news as it becomes available.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, not Dr. Goldey! Man this is heart breaking news Ric. Please send him my very best wishes. I'm literally in shock as I type this.

Anonymous said...

Greg has stomach cancer?!? I really hate that. He, like you Ric, is a good friend. Please give him my best wishes and tell him of my deep concern. That's awful!!

Gib said...

He has my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear this so bad. I love Dr. Goldey, and he really is a great professor. I can't believe he is going through this. I was talking to him finals week, and he was his usual fun self to be around. I was hoping to even take his KY Govt. class as a graduate this fall. Do you happen to have an address we could send him cards? My prayers will definately be with him... and I'll trust for a miracle!--- Rhea

Ric Caric said...

Rhea,

I'll be able to get back with an address on Monday.