Friday, August 10, 2007

GOP Suicide Watch, No. 4--Writing Democratic Attack Ads

It looks like the Democratic nominee won't have to spend so much on ad writers. That's because Rudy Giuliani is killing himself with his mouth. Today, Giuliani responded to criticism from firefighters and other first responders by claiming that
"This is not a mayor or a governor or a president who's sitting in an ivory tower . . . I was at ground zero as often, if not more, than most of the workers. I was there working with them. I was there guiding things. I was there bringing people there. But I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm one of them."
If Giuliani, all the Democratic nominee has to do to raise questions about Giuliani's character is to quote him talking about how he was "one of" the rescue workers, and then play the responses of the real rescue workers to his over-the-top arrogance.

The attack ads will practically write themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coming soon. Who said dumber things 2008!

Let's build a list of dumb campaign comments.

1. I created the internet - Algore 2000

2. I was for it before I was against it - Kerry 2004

3. Of course I'd invade Pakistan (and help islamists get nukes)- Obama 2008

4. Giuliani WTC? Practically lived there - Giuliani 2008