Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Resolutions:

1. Drink more alcohol. I'm mildly allergic to booze and drink very little as a result. But Mrs. RSI and I really should share more wine with each other. So I pledge to drink more in 2009.

And that's the resolution I'm going to focus on the most.

2. Lose 20 pounds. I know this sounds ridiculous. But I did lose 20 pounds last year. The trick for me is to lose 40 pounds really quickly and then work to keep half of it off. I want to be down to 205 by the end of the year.

3. Get my blood pressure down. At my worst last fall, my blood pressure was 159/95 and I felt sick all the time. It's more like 130 over 76 now. But I'd like my blood pressure to read something like 115 over 70 by the end of the year.

Now that I have gotten my romance and health priorities straight, I can think about what I want in relation to my professional life.

More later.

1 comment:

AnnCoulterScaresChildren said...

Is it the alcohol, because at the liquor store I work at during summers and breaks has customers who are allergic to most alcohol but can drink sake. There is also a soy-derived vodka.
I think your resolutions are somewhat at conflict with each other, unless you are talking about red wine.