Thursday, April 03, 2008

Auditing, Vision, Dean, and Provost

Hey, Morehead State's academic audit is not such a bad thing after all. Yesterday, I was talking the audit over with a friend when the Muse or my patron saint or the spirit of John Dewey visited me and I suddenly had a vision for turning Morehead State University's "regional studies" institute into a "global outreach" organization.

I don't remember the details that well, but it was a beautiful thing.

This means that I need to broaden my horizons. I used to think of my self as a good candidate for chair positions. However, now that I have had my "vision," I've achieved the most important qualification for being a college dean. At least that's what administrative candidates get asked when they do campus interviews. "What's your vision for this?" What's your vision for that? Given that my accomplishment as an educational visionary will soon be transmitted over whatever "vision network" connects small universities, the offers for exciting new dean positions will start coming in.

My life is going to change forever.

Of course, I'll be ready to be a provost when I start getting credit for other people's visions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love it when I have an idea that is so awesome that I forget about it by the end of the day! It must have truly been amazing Caric.