Monday, February 11, 2008

Thirty Down, Thirty to Go

This morning, I weighed 213 on the hospital scale. That's down 30 pounds altogether from the beginning of the diet on Jan. 7 and 3 1/2 pounds from my last weigh-in ten days ago.

That's very good and there's some side benefits. With a little more spring in my step, I did a little run up the stairs at Rader Hall yesterday. People are starting to notice as well.

I'm especially proud that I didn't fall into binge given what a horrible week I had last week. Randall Swain announced last week that he was leaving Morehead State for Eastern Kentucky University--goddamned EKU! Between being mad at Swain and coming to grips with the fact that we might be down to four faculty next semester, I've been really down in the dumps.

But at least I didn't take out my discouragement by eating like there was no tomorrow. I also hopped back on the exercise bike last night.

Thirty down, Thirty to Go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But Ric, how are you going to lose weight if you are bloated with hot air?