Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ol' Unreliable

One of the oddities of dieting is my extremely unreliable bathroom scale. It never works when I start it on zero. But I'm not entirely sure when it's initially set between 8 and 14 either. As a result, determining my weight on that scale is more art than science. This morning I weighed a shade over 221 on "Ol Unreliable." That puts my weight loss at about 22 pounds over two weeks. Of course, I could have lost less . . . or more!

Anyway, the dieting is going well. Actually, I've been able to do without the little mid-morning vegetable snacks. So, I'm actually eating somewhat less this week than I did last week. I'm also doing better with my exercise. Where I was struggling to get to one minute on the exercise bike, I'm now doing a comfortable 10 minutes and expect to get up to 20 soon.

I'm also proud to say that I made it through a week of classes without a candy bar.

But I do have a big and dangerous problem. I still haven't figured out how to get to bed before midnight. That means I'm still only getting 6 1/2 hours of sleep at night and I'm very much in danger of falling back into my sweet habit as long as I don't start getting to bed earlier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have learned the letter 'z'. Looks like you have finally worked your way to the end of the alphabet!

Anonymous said...

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...