Friday, December 12, 2008

Welcome to My Dreams. Last night, my recently deceased grandmother Rheta West entered my dreams. After having dreamt at least once about her being lost, Rheta appeared for the first time in my dreams since she died 2 1/2 years ago.

My grandmother Rheta was the real deal. Being born and initially married into the farm life in Camptown, PA, she raised four kids as a single parent after being abandoned by her husband at the depth of the Depression.

Then, it all turned around.

Marrying a good-guy bricklayer named Wayne West after the war, Grandmother Rheta enjoyed a happy life of cooking, crafts, boating, gardening, and small business enterprises for the next 40 years. And she lived it well, She was great with her neighbors, grandkids, and husband. She was also generous and fair. When she got a big bucks inheritance, Rheta divided it about 18 different ways without even giving herself a share.

I don't know that I had ever dreamed about her before.

But . . . Welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should check out this thread, Dr. Caric.

http://www.poliscijobrumors.com/topic.php?id=1016&page=2

Ric Caric said...

Thanks for that reference. I looked it up. They weren't very nice about me.

AnnCoulterScaresChildren said...

I really have to wonder who would send you that link. If I were a betting man, I would have to wager that it was the same person who "knew" so much about the topic. Anyway, different strokes for different folks. As wrong as I may be, personally, I have a tough time thinking that a guy who has a enough time to post about the prospects of taking a job at Morehead State actually knows anything about reality.

Ric Caric said...

It's hard to tell. One of the comments showed both first hand knowledge of Morehead State and a lot of bitterness. We'll have to see how it works out.