Monday, July 23, 2007

The "Alberto Gonzales" of Attorney Generals

"Alberto Gonzales" has become a watchword for incompetence in American society. Given that Alberto Gonzales is also the attorney general, Alberto Gonzales is the "Alberto Gonzales" of attorney generals. Maybe we should just call him "Al."

Tomorrow, the "Alberto Gonzales" of attorney generals is going to return to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee. According to Gonzales' prepared remarks:
I believe very strongly that there is no place for political considerations in the hiring of our career employees or in the administration of justice. As such, the allegations of such activity have been troubling to hear . . . I could walk away or I could devote my time, effort and energy to fix the problems. Since I have never been one to quit, I decided that the best course of action was to remain here and fix the problems. That is exactly what I am doing.

Gonzales doesn't mention that one of the main problems of the Justice Department is that he himself is such an incompetent. Unfortunately, Gonzales doesn't mention how he's going to fix that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comedian Ron White put it best and most succinctly when he said, "You can't fix stupid."